Saturday, June 25, 2011

Angel Food Cake!!

I have baked so many different things over the years I tend to forget there are some thing I still have never given a try, angel food cake is one of them. I have made it from a box mix many times and I have bought it from the store as well, but I have never made it from scratch. I have looked up the recipe several times but I just couldn't justify separating the 12 eggs it called for so I would go to the store and buy one. WAY easier! Well, this past week we has some people over for dinner and I made 4 kinds of pudding for dessert (butterscotch, chocolate, vanilla, and non-dairy chocolate). Each batch of pudding called for 3 egg yolks, so in the end I had 12 egg whiles sitting in my fridge just begging to be made into angel food cake. I had fun making it but was not expecting to sift the flour and powdered sugar THREE times!!! *hand cramp*

Click here for the recipe I used from the Betty Crocker cookbook




 I love love love this picture! I think I am going to use this picture for my facebook profile picture/logo.





I think the angel food cake turned out great! I am going to have to try to make a sponge cake again sometime!


have you had success with sponge cakes/angel food cakes?

1 comment:

Domestic Diva said...

How perfect to be able to use those egg whites from your left over eggs when you made pudding, I've never made angel food cake for the same justification of using a dozen egg whites! The picture is fabulous too! I think it would be great to use as your icon, button, facebook thing! Yum, I so want to come to your house for some of this AMAZING FOOD!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...