- 1 can frozen limeade
- 1 2 litter bottle lemon lime soda
- 1 small cucumber or 1/2 large cucumber
Empty limeade concentrate into gallon pitcher. Add lemon lime soda and stir to combine. Firmly scrape washed cucumber lengthwise with a fork all the way around. slice Cucumber thinly and add to the limeade mixture. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 6 ounces plain yogurt
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and finely chopped
- Pinch salt
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 5 to 6 mint leaves, finely minced
This is great on Gyros. I like to put it on leftover meatloaf with tomatoes and feta cheese)
Heat in a saucepan until very hot, not boiling
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup salt
- 4 cups of water
you might need a few batches of this depending on how many cucumber you are pickling.
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 dill head
- 1 bay leaf
Layer slices (or spears) of cucumbers on top of spices and pack well. Pour hot liquid in jars leaving 1/2 o so head space. Top wit ha lid and ring and let sit on counter till cooled. Once cooled shake to distribute spices and get out air bubbles. Refrigerate for at least 2 to 4 weeks.
(this one is super easy and the family I nanny for has me make this at least once a week year round!)
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1 smallish red onion (I have used white and yellow onions too but only 1/2 as much)
- Raspberry vinaigrette
Peel, seed, and dice cucumbers, Seed and dice tomatoes. Dice red onion. combine with vinaigrette and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Toss and enjoy!
- 1 cup cube tomatoes,
- 1 cup cucumbers,
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper,
- 1/2 cup red onion,
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar,
- 1/4 cup olive oil,
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- a few leaves of fresh oregano
Combine first 4 ingrediants in a bowl. In separate bowl whisk together Vinegar, Oregano, and olive oil. Pour vinegar mixture over vegetables. top with some kalamata olives and the cheese.
- 1 1/2 lbs. cucumbers (3, about 8” long)
- 2 leeks, white and pale green parts only, washed, dried, and finely choppe
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 teaspoons wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- salt and white pepper
- 1 cup sour cream or crème fraîche
- 1-2 tablespoons minced fresh dill, tarragon, or parsley
Cook the leeks slowly in the butter for several minutes until tender but not browned. Add the cucumber chunks, potatoes, chicken broth, vinegar, and herbs. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer, partly covered, for 20-25 minutes. Purée with an immersion blender. Thin out with more broth if necessary; season carefully with salt and pepper.
Just before serving, beat in 1/2 cup sour cream. Ladle into soup bowls, place a dollop of sour cream in each bowl, float slices of cucumber on top of the cream, and sprinkle with the herbs.